Applications Engineer / Applications Scientist
Hindsight offers an exciting dynamic work environment in the heart of Brookline MA just steps from the “T”, Hindsight develops, manufactures and sells cutting edge Hyperspectral and Chemical Imaging and Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) Solutions to solve complex and demanding applications. Bringing novel laboratory analysis to the point of use in a compact package, this position requires a dynamic individual to overlap between the research, development, engineering and sales organizations as new products are being deployed and new and existing markets addressed.
If you want to be part of an exciting opportunity in the heart of Boston join the Hindsight Team. We also hire opportunistically so even if you’re not an exact match to this opening send us your resume.
• Bachelors degree in Chemistry or similar field with 5-10 years of related experience in Spectroscopy, Chemometrics, Applications Engineering and data analytics
• M.S. or Ph.D. in Chemistry, Spectroscopy or Chemometrics, with 2-5 years of related experience
• Maintain applications lab space and customer samples
• Evaluation of hyperspectral, Raman and OCT instrument performance against specifications
• Development of models/algorithms for automated detection and quantification of substances in hyperspectral chemical images using Raman or reflectance modalities
• Assess instrument performance and use data analysis and physical interpretation to provide feedback to research and engineering teams for continuing product improvement
• Test customer samples with existing equipment and provide comprehensive analysis and create presentations for the sales team and customer interactions
• Generate application notes describing how the technology can be used to further particular applications of interest for sales and marketing purposes
• Deep understanding of spectroscopy, chemometrics and data analytics
• Sample preparation to assess identification & quantification of limits of detection (LOD)
• Highly proficient in data analysis via programming in Python, Matlab, C, etc.
• Highly proficient in data analysis using software packages – Eigenvector, etc.
• Proficient in using computer systems and the related software applications
• Working knowledge of Raman Spectroscopy and applications
• Working knowledge of hyperspectral imaging
• Capable of summarizing to management & customers experimental results
• Independent, self-starter with minimal guidance required
• Prior experience with Forensic Science
• Multitasking between several projects
• Prior startup company experience
Compensation based on experience
Hindsight is an equal opportunity employer
Please respond to: Sales@Hindsight-Imaging.com